Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Aaron Rogers on Faith

Green Bay Bishop David Ricken and Aaron Rogers

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rogers opened up about his relationship with Christ in this 2010 piece from Athletes in Action. Here are a few snippets:
Rodgers grew up in a home where his parents, Ed and Darla, were Christian models for Aaron and his brothers, Luke and Jordan. “I grew up knowing what a stable relationship was by my parents’ example and how it centered on Christ,” Rodgers says, “When our family had its ups and downs, I knew my parents relied on God for everything and He always got us through those rough spots.” ...

When it comes to talking to others about his faith, Rodgers is not one who preaches or pushes his faith on others. “I like the saying from St. Francis of Assisi, ‘Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words.’ I try to live my life in a way that reflects my faith in the Lord,” Rodgers says. “I don’t like to get in peoples’ faces. The best way for me is: Let your actions talk about your beliefs, start a relationship with others, then finally there is a chance for questions.”

Like any Christian, there are struggles Rodgers faces. “It is my daily walking in faith and dealing with life issues and not giving into temptation that can be very challenging,” he adds. “I am always struggling in finding time to daily grow in my faith. If you are not in the Word or focusing on Christ, or into prayer, you can’t help but slip at times.”

______

Here's a clip on from The Compass, Green Bay's diocesan paper.
It's no surprise who football fans in the Diocese of Green Bay say is their favorite quarterback (hint: Discount Double-check). But there are more than Aaron Rodgers' incredible athletic skills that make him a winner.

As most people in Packers country know, Rodgers is a man of intelligence, wit, high character -- and he possesses darn good acting skills. But how many people know that Rodgers is a fan of St. Francis of Assisi?

And, Rogers is a strong pro-lifer!

No comments:

Post a Comment