Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Switch


A Democrat has seen the light. From Politico:
Former Alabama Rep. Artur Davis announced Tuesday that he’s cutting ties with the Democratic Party, and said that he’s considering a future bid for Congress as a Republican.

Davis, who for a time had been considered a rising star in the Democratic Party, wrote a message on his website confirming that he is switching parties. ...

“[I]f I were to leave the sidelines, it would be as a member of the Republican Party that is fighting the drift in this country in a way that comes closest to my way of thinking: wearing a Democratic label no longer matches what I know about my country and its possibilities,” Davis wrote.

A talented black Democrat converts to the Republican Party? Absolutely verboten. Expect most of the media to bury this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment