Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Legislating Fairness


Some revealing quotes from Hillary Clinton:

CBS's Dylan Ratigan: "Is it the role of the government and tax policy to try to reconcile fairness?"
Clinton: "Well, you know, I -- I think it certainly is. I mean tax policy is one of the instruments the government uses."
_

On "excessive" oil profits:
Clinton: "I want to take those profits and put them into an alternative energy fund that will begin to fund alternative smart energy alternatives that will actually begin to move us toward the direction of independence."

"I" meaning the government, "take" meaning steal, "put them into" meaning the arbitrary redistribution of wealth according to her dictates.
_

On changing the Bush-inspired, "On your own society:"
Clinton: "It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few and for the few, time to reject the idea of an 'on your own' society and to replace it with shared responsibility for shared prosperity. I prefer a 'we're all in it together' society."


Music to his ears...

___

Contrast the Clinton/Marx philosophy of government with the Jeffersonian/Madisonian approach.

"The government that is powerful enough to provide everything will be strong enough to take everything away.” - Thomas Jefferson

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
- James Madison, the Father of the Constitution

No comments:

Post a Comment