Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Mrs.


Michelle Obama made an astonishing statement in Wisconsin while campaigning for her husband. "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm really proud of my country." Conservative thinkers have been spilling buckets of ink on the troubling messianic and narcissistic bend of Obama's campaign. Bill Kristol noted in reaction to Mrs. Obama,
She was an adult when we won the Cold War without firing a shot. She was an adult for the last 25 years of economic progress, social progress. I think the Democrats have to be careful … they’re running against the status quo … You have to be careful not to let that slide into a kind of indictment of America. Because I don’t think the American people think on the whole that the last 25 years of American history is a narrative of despair and nothing to be proud of. Here's a nice article on the matter.

http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/02/19/michelle-obama-takes-heat-for-saying-s]hes-proud-of-my-country-for-the-first-time/

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/02/michelle_obama_ashamed_to_be_a.html

No comments:

Post a Comment