Tuesday, April 10, 2012

End of the trail


Senator Santorum suspended his presidential campaign today. Everyone thought it would happen eventually and I guess I did too. But I am still sad to see him go.  I had the pleasure of being with he and his family yesterday afternoon. They are some of the most honest and good people I have ever met. Senator Santorum's mood seemed somber and now I understand why.

He gave a voice to a lot of social issues that many of the other candidates would not. As Va. Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli recently remarked:
What sets him apart, is on issues that are the most uncomfortable—he was willing to stand alone... He articulates the basis for Fedral marriage amendment better than anybody I've ever seen...    He is awesome on some of the issues that no one else in the field is.  And if you want a good person as president, you couldn't do any better than Senator Rick Santorum.
Maybe we'll see him in the future...

1 comment:

  1. Nice thoughts Niall. I think we'll definitely see more of Santorum in the future. He lasted a heck of a lot longer than anyone, including me, thought he'd last. People now know he's a force to be reckoned with.

    ReplyDelete