Wednesday, December 01, 2010

My Sun


Just for laughs, from the Telegraph:
Angeles Duran, 49, from Vigo in Spain's northwestern region of Galicia, applied for ownership of the fiery star at the centre of our solar system after learning that similar claims had been made by an American on the Moon, Mars and Venus.

Although the Outer Space Treaty of 1967 prevents any government from staking their claim over celestial bodies it does not extend to private individuals, an opinion backed by her notary after consulting legal bodies in Spain.

"I know the law and backed my claim legally," she told local media. "I did it but anyone else could have done it, it simply occurred to me first."

She announced that she now plans to profit from her property and wants to charge those whose benefit from its energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment