Thursday, July 03, 2008

McCain Visits Our Lady of Guadalupe


I harbor a stubborn hostility to many of Sen. John McCain's positions and I don't think I'll ever shake this completely. He supports a swag of liberal premises, most notably the man-made global warming hoax, the remedy to which inevitably will lead to an uptick in the government meddling menacingly in our lives (the mandated use of new light bulbs, etc.), he is woefully lax on immigration and he repeatedly latches onto liberal senators (Feingold, Kennedy, Lieberman, etc.) to pass legislative boondoggle in order to prove his "bipartisan" creds. That said, I throw my support behind him without reserve in his epic battle against the most extreme arriviste in recent memory. Sen. McCain is pro-life, he unquestionably supports the military in its present endeavor against militant Islamic extremism (his son Jimmy McCain is serving admirably in the Marines) and he is by and large, a Conservative-leaning politician. McCain has principles, some of which I disagree with, others I wholeheartedly support, while those of Sen. Obama are, almost across the board, politically Marxist and morally diabolical.

McCain visited the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico City today. We need not speculate what an Obama presidency portends for the pro-life movement. On this issue, at least on this issue, I believe that McCain can be trusted to stand pat. And what could be more important?

McCain receives a blessing from Msgr. Monroy



McCain touches a rose to an image of Our Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment