Thursday, January 03, 2008

Predictions

For what it's worth, here are my predictions for the Iowa caucus/primary today:

Republicans:
1. Mike Huckabee
2. Mitt Romney
3. Fred Thompson

Who I would prefer to win:
1. Fred Thompson
2. Duncan Hunter, but this is simply not going to happen, so I'll say Mitt Romney
3. Anyone but Huckabee

Democrats:
1. Barack Obama
2. Hillary Clinton
3. John Edwards

While I'd love to see Clinton lose, given her sickening arrogance throughout the campaign, I think she'd actually be easier to defeat in the general election than Barack Obama. At least he has pretensions to character and while I disagree with him on every matter of policy, he is a likable fellow. Given his positive personality and high favorability ratings, he would be a much more difficult person to face next November. Even among Democrats, Hillary is not seen as a likable person. Like her husband, she is fundamentally dishonest.

No comments:

Post a Comment