Friday, May 02, 2008

A Word on Cheese


I picked up a small wedge of cheese the other day called Murcia al Vino. This particular cheese is from goat's milk and, as the name suggests, hails from the region of Murcia, Spain. As it is prepared, the cheese is soaked twice in red wine, which imparts to it a rich color and flavor. I had it in the refrigerator for a while, reluctant to slice it up because it looked so nice (go figure), but I soon gave in and decided to share the goods with a friend. I couldn't keep it all to myself, after all. It is very soft and smooth with a subtle taste that lingers, which I greatly appreciate. Sometimes certain cheeses can be overly pungent and overpowering, leaving a bitter taste on the palate. Cheese, for me at least, is a difficult thing to get right on. Murcia al Vino is a nice treat that goes down quite well with a glass of sweet, red wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment